- All Winter Wonderland craftable cosmetics now properly appear in Cooking Pot. Requires Server Update.
- Pegomastax can no longer steal your Engrams. Requires Server Update.
- Reduced Taming times on Therizinosaurus and Tusoteuthis by 60%. Requires Server Update.
It´s christmas Time! The special time of the year!
Kill the following creatures, which are released from Raptor Claus and collect goodies from their inventories:
Stags over Level 100:
Santa Dino Hat
Penguins over Level 50:
Santa Player Hat
Xbox Survivors are in for an additional treat, as some of the ARK’s creatures are also celebrating their birthdays
Birthday Suit Shirt
Birthday Suit Pants
Birthday Dino Hat
Dilos over Level 50:
Birthday Player Hat
- New Item: Photographic Camera. Take photos and apply them onto in-game onto Painting Canvases!
- New Dinos:
- 2 New Full-Scale Underwater Caves (progression-oriented with Artifacts!)
- Winter Wonderland 2 Event! Follow Raptor Claus around The Island, Scorched Earth, and The Center as he drops items, coal, and the occasional tough-as-nails creature to keep you warm at night! Lots of cosmetics and the DodoRex make an appearance, along with new items!
- Various new ARK DevKit features & hooks
Fixes & Improvements
- Additional networking performance gains of approximately +15%
- BattlEye is now enabled by default for dedicated servers, use -NoBattlEye to run your server without it
- TamingSpeedMultiplier, HarvestAmountMultiplier, and XPMultiplier are now hardcoded with an extra 2x multiplier. If you wish to have your server use the same rates as before, please reduce your sever’s custom values for those by 50%
The feedback of the ARK survivors has shown that the “Double the xp-Events” had a good influence on the game, so the double exp is now the normal exp rate on official servers! 🙂
Studio Wildcard partnered with Snail Games – in 2017 ARK Park VR will be ready to play for a different view on the dinosaurs on PS4, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift! A big part will be to explore the dinosaur world, the amazing flora and fauna. You can try to collect them all or go on a tour for snapshots 😉 You´ll learn a lot with the informations the creatue´s Gene Cube will provide you.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed client-side crash associated with Brontos.
- Bronto attack AoE reduced by 30% for Tamed/Ridden Brontos, Bronto incoming damage multiplier from Explosions changed to 100% (from 50%) and from Fire to 75% (from 40%)
- 20% per Tamed Ptero Level reduction in Speed (~15% average reduction in Ptero Speed to Tamed Pteros)
- Fixed bug with Dino Weights not being applied onto Platform Saddles after unstasising
- Attached C4 is now always targeted by Turrets where possible
- Fixed C4 on groundable Flyers taking effect when they’re not over-water
- Platform Saddle Passengers sitting on Furniture now get the standard percentage of their Weight added to the Platform Saddle Dino
- Veggie Cakes max Percentage Healing amount capped at 2100 HP
- Fixed PhysX crash when using wheeled-vehicle Mods. (ARK: Moon Survival etc)
- Changed AI Controllers to once again be destroyed on Stasis, too much memory overhead to keeping them around on large maps. For servers with a lot of RAM, they can now optionally gain performance by running with -StasisKeepControllers to keep the AI’s in memory.
Requires Server Update.
- Veg cakes should no longer be auto-consumed for Food by any dino except Achatina
- Veg cakes WILL be auto-consumed by any Dino for Health if their HP is below 85% (yes, even Carnivores, though to minimal benefit on them). The Dino will consume one Veg cake every 10 seconds until it has above 85% Health again.
- Chitin / Keratin can be placed in Feeding Troughs
- Sauropod Tamed Health gain (leveled-up portion) reduced by 30%
- Doedicurus and Carbonemys no longer gain Herbivore-healing from Veg Cakes
- Veg Cake max healing amount limited to 3000 HP over 10 seconds (otherwise 15% of max HP), in addition to instant +500 (edited)
- Herbivore Explosion Damage multiplier changed to 40% rather than 55%
Fixes & Improvements
- You can no longer erroneously shimmy up sheer landscapes on dinos.
- Fixed a client-side chat crash.
- Veggie Cakes now have 10% healing of Herbis between 500 and 2500 HP over a 30 second duration, with 50% spoiling lifetime, and no longer are effective on Titanosaurus. Requires Server Update.
- Likely fix for client-side Health Meter getting stuck at zero.
- Manually-used Veggie Cakes now heal 15% (over 10 seconds when manually fed) in addition to +500 HP (on Herbivores), have cooldown interval reduced to 10s, and take 4x as long to spoil
- Herbivores now have 55% damage reduction from explosives and 62.5% damage reduction vs fire (due to their thick hides).
- Fixed some rare crash cases.
- Ended Turkey Trial Event! (deprecated items)
- Reintegrated PhysX 3.4 for larger performance gain. Fixed PhysX memory leak!
- Taking various Eggs now aggro the respective species
- Improvement to Dino movement physics accuracy when riding a Dino
- Crash fix for servers when loading save games with certain Mods!